Introduction: OSI Model, TCP/IP Protocol Suite, IPV 4 Addresses and
Protocol and IPV6 Addresses and Protocol
Address Resolution Protocol (ARP), Internet Control Message Protocol
Version 4 (ICMPv4), Mobile IP, Unicast Routing Protocols (RIP, OSPF and BGP)
User Datagram Protocol (UDP), Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP), Host Configuration: DHCP,
Domain Name System (DNS)
Remote Login: TELNET and SSH, File Transfer: FTP and TFTP ; World Wide Web and HTTP,
Electronic Mail: SMTP, POP, IMAP and MIME, Multimedia
1. IPv4 Addressing and Subnetting
a. Given an IP address and network mask, determine other information about the IP address such as:
• Network address
• Network broadcast address
• Total number of host bits
• Number of hosts
b. Given an IP address, network mask, and subnetwork mask, determine other information about the IP address such as: • The subnet address of this subnet
• The broadcast address of this subnet
• The range of host addresses for this subnet
• The maximum number of subnets for this subnet mask
• The number of hosts for each subnet
• The number of subnet bits • The number of this subnet
2. Use of ping and tracert / traceroute and arp utilities.
3. Configure IP static routing.
4. Configure IP routing using RIP.
5. Configuring OSPF.
6. Configuring UDP and TCP
7. Run different STCP commands.
8. Configure DHCP and DNS.
9. Configure FTP and HTTP. Run Telnet and SSH.
10. Configure SMTP, POP3, IMAP and MIME.
B1: TCP/IP Protocol Suite, Behrouz A. Forouzan, 4th Edition, Tata McGrawHill
(Unit I: Chapter 2, 5, 7, 26, 27, Unit II: Chapter 8, 9, 10, 11, Unit III: Chapter 14,15, Unit IV:
Chapter 16, 18, 19, Unit V: Chapter 20, 21, 22, Unit VI: Chapter 23, 25)
Internetworking with TCP/IP, Volume I, Fifth Edition, Douglas E. Comer, PHI.
Internetworking with TCP/IP, Volume II, Third Edition, Douglas E. Comer, D.L. Stevens, PHI
TCP/IP Illustrated, Eastern Economy Edition,N.P. Gopalan, B.Siva Selvan, PHI
Dowload Ebook – Network Security [PDF]