Admission Process for Bscit [online/offline]
If you’re eligible for BscIT course or courses related to it then you can take part in the admission process. The admission process of BscIT for Mumbai University varies from college to college. So before you do anything make a list of at least 5 to 10 colleges in order of higher preference to lower.
There are two types of the program offered by Mumbai University
- Distance education
- Regular course
- Distance education applicants do not need to get admitted in any specific college instead they need to study on their own and appear for the exam to the centers as stated by Mumbai University.
You can follow this link for more information on Distance education by Mumbai University.
- Regular course students need to get in touch of every college in your preference list to find what procedure that specific college is following, is it online or offline? And the time period between you needs to submit the form.
Pre-Admission Online Registration:
- Before you go ahead and seek for any colleges, students of all the courses need to fill this mandatory form Pre-Admission Online Registration.
- This is done for Mumbai University so they can keep track of the students. This information is further used for Exams conducted by Mumbai University in the third year of the course.
- After successfully submitting the form you need to take print-outs of all the colleges you filled and take this form along with the form which you’ll fill in the colleges.
Note: Pre-Admission Online Registration form for every college is different so you need to take care which forms you are submitting in which college.
Offline Admission form for BSCIT:
- Take the admission form the college and fill the duly form and submit the required documents like S.S.C and H.S.C. mark sheets, college leaving certificate or any other certificates mentioned in the form. Before submitting make sure the copies of documents you’re submitting is attested. Self-attestation does not count.
- After submission wait for the merit list for that college. After the last submission date, the college will process all the data and the validity of the documents and declare the merit list on the college notice board.
- If your name is in the merit list of the desired college then you can follow the further instructions as described by the college to get an admission.
- But if your name is not in the merit list, you can wait for the next merit list.
- And by far if your name is in none of the lists, then you can apply later after the engineering admission ends. [Read Late admission procedure below]
Online Admission form for BSCIT:
- The online form is no different from the offline forms, you just need to fill it online and take a print-out of the form and have to manually go submit the form with documents in that college.
- After successful verification, you can wait for the merit list for that college. Rest of the procedure is the same as offline admission.
Late Admission for Bscit:
The general idea behind this procedure is a bit tricky but there are more chances that you’ll get an admission.
- Since the admission process of BscIT starts a bit early than the Engineering course. Students who are willing to take admission in Engineering College also fill the form for Bscit as a secondary option.
- If the students get successfully admitted in his desired engineering college. He/she may no longer want to go with the second option i.e. BScIT.
- So chances are there most of the seats gets vacant, if this is the case for the college you want to get admitted then you can wait for the merit list again or you can directly contact to the admission department of that college.
Diploma Students Admission:
- Diploma students can also pursue this course directly from the Second year of Bscit. However, there is no specific procedure by Mumbai University you can follow. So the college in which you are trying to apply is the only source of information you can get.
- Contact the college directly before the second year course starts, if there is vacancy chances are you can get admission. So before applying for it you maybe want to check for the eligibility criteria and get familiar with course structure.